A Quick Guide to Why You Should Limit Sugar
Sugar tastes oh, so sweet…but your body is not meant to eat the amount of sugar we eat today; nor was it meant to eat it in a processed food full of fat, oil, additives and preservatives. Here’s a starter list of why sugar ruins your health…and good reasons for you to avoid it.
Make some changes today to improve your health!
1. Sugar can suppress the immune system.
2. Sugar upsets the mineral balance in the body.
3. Sugar causes hypersensitivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating and crankiness.
4. Sugar produces a significant rise in triglycerides.
5. Sugar contributes to the reduction in defense against bacterial infections.
6. Sugar can cause kidney damage.
7. Sugar reduces high-density lipoproteins.
8. Sugar leads to chromium deficiency.
9. Sugar leads to cancer of the breast, ovaries, intestines, prostate and rectum.
10. Sugar increases fasting levels of glucose and insulin.
11. Sugar causes copper deficiency.
12. Sugar interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
13. Sugar weakens eyesight.
14. Sugar raises the level of neurotransmitters called serotonin.
15. Sugar can cause hypoglycemia.
16. Sugar can produce an acidic stomach.
17. Sugar can raise adrenalin levels in children.
18. Sugar mal-absorption is frequent in patients with functional bowel disease.
19. Sugar can cause aging.
20. Sugar can lead to alcoholism.
21. Sugar can cause tooth decay.
22. Sugar contributes to obesity.
23. High intakes of sugar increase the risk of Crohn’s Disease and ulcerative colitis.
24. Sugar can cause changes frequently found in persons with gastric or duodenal ulcers.
25. Sugar can cause arthritis.
26. Sugar can cause asthma.
27. Sugar can cause Candida Albicans (yeast infection).
28. Sugar can cause gallstones.
29. Sugar can cause heart disease.
30. Sugar can cause appendicitis.
31. Sugar can cause multiple sclerosis.
32. Sugar can cause hemorrhoids.
33. Sugar can cause varicose veins.
34. Sugar can elevate glucose and insulin responses in oral contraceptive users.
35. Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.
36. Sugar can lead to periodontal disease.
37. Sugar contributes to saliva acidity.
38. Sugar can decrease growth hormone.
39. Sugar can increase cholesterol.
40. Sugar can increase the systolic blood pressure.
41. Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.
42. Sugar can cause migraine headaches.
43. Sugar can interfere with the absorption of protein.
44. Sugar causes food allergies.
45. Sugar can contribute to Diabetes.
46. Sugar can Cause toxemia during pregnancy.
47. Sugar can contribute to eczema in children.
48. Sugar can cardiovascular disease.
49. Sugar can impair the structure of DNA.
50. Sugar can change the structure of protein.
51. Sugar can make our skin age by changing the structure of collagen.
52. Sugar can cause cataracts.
53. Sugar can cause emphysema.
54. Sugar can cause arthrosclerosis.
55. Sugar can promote an elevation in low-density proteins (LDL).
56. Sugar can cause hunger pains and overeating.
57. Sugar contributes to Insulin Resistance markers.
58. Sugar contributes to obesity
59. Sugar feeds cancer.
60. Sugar contributes to weakened mental health.